- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 5 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter (on medium speed) until smooth.
- Add in the sugars; beat on low for 2 minutes.
- Add in the milk, syrup, and vanilla; beat 3-5 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Use immediately or store, covered, at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- **Reportedly, the icing tastes better if made the day before because the brown sugar gives the icing a slightly grainy texture that improves if allowed to set overnight.