Recipe by Fairy Godmother
These soft drop cookies smell just like apple pie. These freeze well. Great use for those apples in the fridge that look less than perfect.
Top Review by sconehead
These were delicious and perfect for lunchboxes! My daughters friends (15 & 16) at school want the recipe so their moms can make them.....they thought they were delicious! And pretty good for you for a cookie! I replaced the white flour with whole wheat, replaced the egg with flax seed replacement and used only 1 cup of brown sugar instead of 1 1/2, and substituted 1/2c non fat greek yogurt for 1/2 the butter. Still delicious!!! Thanks for posting!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup apple (peeled and grated)
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter, sugar and egg well.
- Add apple, milk, raisins and nuts.
- Add all dry ingredients.
- Drop onto greased sheets.
- Bake 350° for 10 minutes or until done.
- Cool and top with icing.
- Icing: Melt butter and sugar in small pan.
- Stir and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove heat add icing sugar and milk.