1/8 Photos of Caramel French Toast
Sarah in New York's Note:
This is my sister's recipe. Every time she makes French toast I always want more! This is a nice change from the traditional way of cooking it and it's still very simple. The brown sugar is what makes the caramel crunch on the outside of the bread! Mmmmm... it's good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat up your griddle or skillet and spray with cooking spray every time you re-apply more bread.
- 2Slice loaf into 1 inch thick slices (you should have about 6-8 slices.
- 3Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until smooth.
- 4Dip bread in egg mixture and put on skillet.
- 5Immediately sprinkle with brown sugar and flip and sprinkle again on the other side.
- 6Let them cook until done and keep in a warmer until ready to serve.
- 7They should have a layer of crispy brown sugar on each side. It will look like caramel!
- 8Serve with maple syrup!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 608.6
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 317.2 mg
- Sodium 967.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 45.3 g
- Protein 19.0 g