Recipe by Sarah in New York
This is my sister's recipe. Every time she makes French toast I always want more! This is a nice change from the traditional way of cooking it and it's still very simple. The brown sugar is what makes the caramel crunch on the outside of the bread! Mmmmm... it's good!
Top Review by anniesnomsblog
This was a great French Toast recipe! Lovely and sweet and the perfect treat for brunch at the weekend. I tried one slice with maple and one slice without and I preferred it without actually as the brown sugar gives enough sweetness!
- 1 loaf white bread, not sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (Just enough to sprinkle)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat up your griddle or skillet and spray with cooking spray every time you re-apply more bread.
- Slice loaf into 1 inch thick slices (you should have about 6-8 slices.
- Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until smooth.
- Dip bread in egg mixture and put on skillet.
- Immediately sprinkle with brown sugar and flip and sprinkle again on the other side.
- Let them cook until done and keep in a warmer until ready to serve.
- They should have a layer of crispy brown sugar on each side. It will look like caramel!
- Serve with maple syrup!