Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
iced coffee beverage
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 1 packet of starbucks instant caramel iced coffee
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups ice
- 2 small scoop ice cream
- refrigerated reddi whipped topping
- hershey's classic caramel ice cream topping
- In warm water, dissolve sugar and coffee packet. Allow to cool in refrigerator. Add ice, milk, coffee, and ice cream in blender and process on high - you may have to stop periodically and stir as the mixture is cold and may not have enough liquid to keep it going. If a stronger coffee flavor is desired, you may add instant coffee granules to the warm(or hot) water. You can also experiment by varying the amounts of milk and ice cream. I plan to try different flavors by using a regular coffee packet and the flavored coffee creamers like hazelnut and others.
Yum yum yum. Where to start:
I guess it's most important to say: if you make it exactly as written, it will not be as icy as McDonald's. I prefer to make my coffee mixture and refrigerate it (sealed) hours in advance.
I cannot get Folger's caramel groove mix at my store, so I bought Hills Bros white chocolate caram cappuccino mix, and used it instead, with no issue. I also bought Smucker's Caramel sundae syrup because I think (not 100%) that it's more gooey, which is how I like it.
All-in-all I'm soooo satisfied I decided to try this recipe. McDonald's is not getting $2.50 from me a day any more, and I'm having 2 frappes a day instead of 1. Hahah! :)
I abosolutely love this recipe!!! My store doesn't sell Folgers caramel groove cafe latte mix so I had to substitute it with Maxwell House International cafe French Vanilla. I used the sugar free kind to so I could make it a little healthier. I also added the fat free reddi wip to the top. Delicious!! Thanks for the recipe.
I looked at all the recipes for the frappies. Yes , I too got hooked at McDonalds, driving sometimes twice a day for the high calorie drink. I came up with with a veryyy delicious and even somewhat nutritious drink: Dump 2cups fine ice into a smoothie blender, add 3 tsp. caramel frappe International coffee, 3/4 tsp Folgers instant coffee, and 1 cup PureAlmond natural milk that has been warmed in microwave for one minute. Blend till smooth. Beat this : 270 calories