This is the "icing" for the birthday spice cake from my childhood. It's the only reason I still admit to having a birthday. To get this cake/ icing combo out of my dad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix first four (4) ingredients and place on stove to boil. DO NOT STIR after it begins to boil.
- 2Time for 4 minutes after the first bubbles break the surface. Immediately take it off the stove, and add the vanilla, butter and rum flavour (if using).
- 3Pour it out onto a cooled spice cake. Allow to harden for as long as you can.
- 4Eat it all before someone else does.
- 5Call me if you can't finish it.
- 6*Also note you can hit this with a smidge of cinnamon, or nutmeg or cloves if you like, but I find the rum flavour makes the best combo with the cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel for Birthday Spice Cake.
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.9
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 39.4 mg
- Sodium 149.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 0.4 g