Recipe by Jodi Consoli
I bought caramel candies before I looked on racipezaar for a recipe, but when I got home and looked for a recipe, I couldn't find one that called for caramel candies and only served a few people and didn't have lots of other ingredients that I did not have on hand. So this is what I came up with. It was very tasty. It is the right amount for one apple and one banana and some tortilla chips which, believe it or not, are delicious in the caramel sauce as it is like yummy warm caramel corn! I served this with other snack food for four adults and one young child. It seemed to be the right amount. Use caution with your fondue pot, mine sits over a candle and the caramel started to scorch on the bottom.
- 6 ounces caramel candies, I used Werther's Original Chewy Caramels
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove plastic wrap from caramels.
- Slowly melt caramels with butter and milk in a small sauce pan over med. low heat, stirring often.
- Add a little more milk if it is too thick.
- When melted and mixed well, pour into a small fondue pot to keep warm.
- Serve with sliced fruit and tortilla chips.
- Stir occasionally and watch for scorching as it can become to hot near the heat source.