Recipe by LI Girl
from wondertime.com. Leftovers can be refrigerated, then reheated and served over ice cream.
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep, heavy saucepan, bring the cream to a boil over medium-high heat, then remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla and salt.
- In a different saucepan (light-colored, because you'll need to see the color of the caramel as it cooks), stir together the sugar, water, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook without stirring until mixture starts to turn golden around the edges, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Continue cooking, swirling the pan by the handle, until the sugar turns a deep amber, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the hot cream. Be careful--it will froth up very high and steam.
- Stir until the caramel is smooth, then pour into a bowl to serve. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before eating.