- 1 cup whipping cream, divided
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- butter pound cake, and
- fresh fruit, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 1/2 cup cream, sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), stirring constantly. Cool to 220°; stir in remaining cream.
- Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with pound cake and fruit.