Recipe by L DJ
Caramel whipped cream topping for dipping apple slices, banana chunks or grapes; to top ginger bread, cakes and pies. Cooking time is estimated.
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour sugar evenly over bottom of medium sauce pan. Carefully pour water over sugar to cover all with out disturbing sugar.
- Turn heat on high. Cook without stirring or moving pan until any part of the mixture turns slightly brown.
- Watch carefully.
- Swirl pan to even the color and cook until golden brown. NEVER STIR.
- Carefully pour in 1/2 cup cream, without stirring.
- Boil on high until the mixture turns into a sauce consistency, no stirring.
- Remove from the stove and cool completely. using a mixer bowl with a whip attachment add remaining cream and vanilla, whip until it holds a soft peak.
- Add caramel in steady stream beating constantly, scraping down sides, until light and fluffy.