Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here you have a rich chocolate cookie rolled in nuts (pecans or walnuts) filled with creamy caramel then drizzled with chocolate.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml hazelnut-flavored liquid coffee creamer or 29.58 ml milk
- 1 large egg, yolk and white separated
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml flour
- 78.07 ml unsweetened cocoa
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
Nuts for rolling
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans or 236.59 ml walnuts
- 12 caramels, unwrapped
- 14.79 ml heavy cream
- 59.14-118.29 ml chocolate chips
- 14.79 ml butter
- Mix butter, sugars, egg yolk, creamer or milk.
- and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda gradually add to flour mixture.
- Cover and chill, which has to be done or you`ll have flat cookies!
- Melt caramels with cream in micro wave of double boiler stirring till melted and creamy.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll into 24 balls.
- Dip into light beaten egg white then roll into nuts.
- Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Make indentations with thumb in center of each cookie.
- Pour in melted caramel and bake in a 350° oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Melt chips and butter in micro or double boiler.
- Drizzle on cooled cookies.
- Let firm up and enjoy!
After the first sheet came out flat and the caramel melted all about the cookies, I decided to chill the next few sheets after I rolled them into balls. Unfortunately, they still fell flat and the caramel melted out. When I make them next, I will be certain to add the caramel post-baking. Other than the mentioned troubles, they were very good.
Delicious little cookies! So many different flavours that meld beautifully! I did have a bit of a mess on my hands, though... I only refrigerated the dough for about 45 minutes as the recipe didn't indicate how long. I don't think that was long enough as my cookies flattened right out & the caramel drained out of some of the cookies making them stick to the cookie sheet. And, I don't think I worked quick enough with the caramel as it was getting quite thick & difficult to work with as I neared the end of the cookies.
I took all the ingredients over to my daughter's house and she and my grandaughter and I made cookies and played boggle. I did run out of nuts to coat so we just winged it. The cookies didn't look all that great but oh were they good! Thanks Rita, we all loved them!