From our cookie swap. Brought by Don, a.k.a Mr. Mom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the candies, Dove with caramel are good.
- 2Beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 3Combine flour, baking soda, and cocoa. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in 1/2 cup walnuts.
- 4Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- 5Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 6Combine remaining 1/2 cup nuts with the 1 tablespoon sugar. Divide the dough into 4 parts. Work with one part at a time, leaving the remainder in the refrigerator until needed. Divide each part into 12 pieces. Quickly press each piece of dough around a chocolate covered caramel. Roll into a ball.
- 7Dip the tops into the sugar mixture.
- 8Place sugar side up, 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- 9Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven.
- 10Let cool for 3 to 4 minutes on the baking sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.6
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 78.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate-covered caramel candies