Yumm. A Donna Hay recipe.
Make and share this Caramel-filled biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Place the butter, icing sugar, flour, cornflour and egg in a food processor and process until a smooth dough forms.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and-place on lined baking trays.
- Flatten the dough slightly and place the trays in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Bake the biscuits in a preheated oven, 180C until lightly golden.
- Cool on racks.
- To make the filling, combine the condensed milk, butter and golden syrup in a heatproof bowl.
- Place over a pan of boiling water and stir occasionally for 10-15 minutes until the caramel is thick.
- Cool the caramel for 10 minutes, then spoon onto the flat side of half of the biscuits.
- Top with the remaining biscuits and allow to cool and become firm.