Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my favourite dessert to make! I think it's from a Women's Weekly cookbook of the early 80s. I don't use the salt, but leaving it there as it's part of the original recipe. Perfect in the cold weather but I love them any time but in the worst heat of summer. They're fantastic on their own but can be served with ice cream. If I'm having a craving and have no brown sugar I'll use white sugar - not quite the same but when you have a craving it's almost perfect.
- Rub white sugar and butter together.
- Add flour, salt, vanilla and milk and mix through until it's a doughy consistency.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add brown sugar, salt and water.
- Bring to boil and ensure all the sugar is melted.
- Drop tablespoonfulls of the dough mixture into the sauce.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.