I found this a little over the top, but if you're a chocolate lover this is the recipe for you. Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1Heat oven to 350 (325 for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or spray bottom of 13x9" pan.
- 2In a large pan, beat cake mix, pumpkin, water, oil, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on low speed until moistened.
- 3Beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour into pan.
- 4Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- 5Immediately poke cake with handle of wooden spoon halfway into cake.
- 6Drizzle condensed milk evenly over top of cake and let stand until milk has been absorbed into cake (about 5 minutes).
- 7Meanwhile, place hot fudge in medium microwavable bowl.
- 8Microwave uncovered on high 15 to 30 seconds or until smooth.
- 9Spoon and spread over cake, pressing slightly into holes.
- 10Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- 11Spread frosting over top of cake. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 12Just before serving, drizzle caramel sauce over each serving of cake. Store cake loosely covered in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel-Drizzled Pumpkin Poke Cake
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.4
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 363.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 44.1 g
- Protein 5.7 g