Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this a little over the top, but if you're a chocolate lover this is the recipe for you. Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker.
- Heat oven to 350 (325 for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or spray bottom of 13x9" pan.
- In a large pan, beat cake mix, pumpkin, water, oil, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on low speed until moistened.
- Beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour into pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- Immediately poke cake with handle of wooden spoon halfway into cake.
- Drizzle condensed milk evenly over top of cake and let stand until milk has been absorbed into cake (about 5 minutes).
- Meanwhile, place hot fudge in medium microwavable bowl.
- Microwave uncovered on high 15 to 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Spoon and spread over cake, pressing slightly into holes.
- Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- Spread frosting over top of cake. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Just before serving, drizzle caramel sauce over each serving of cake. Store cake loosely covered in refrigerator.