I found this a little over the top, but if you're a chocolate lover this is the recipe for you. Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1Heat oven to 350 (325 for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or spray bottom of 13x9" pan.
- 2In a large pan, beat cake mix, pumpkin, water, oil, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on low speed until moistened.
- 3Beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour into pan.
- 4Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center.
- 5Immediately poke cake with handle of wooden spoon halfway into cake.
- 6Drizzle condensed milk evenly over top of cake and let stand until milk has been absorbed into cake (about 5 minutes).
- 7Meanwhile, place hot fudge in medium microwavable bowl.
- 8Microwave uncovered on high 15 to 30 seconds or until smooth.
- 9Spoon and spread over cake, pressing slightly into holes.
- 10Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- 11Spread frosting over top of cake. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 12Just before serving, drizzle caramel sauce over each serving of cake. Store cake loosely covered in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel-Drizzled Pumpkin Poke Cake
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.4
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 363.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 44.1 g
- Protein 5.7 g