Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A yummy dessert from Fooddownunder!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 fresh figs, stemmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 pint really good vanilla ice cream
- Dissolve sugar in 1/4 cup water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Place over high heat; wash down sides of pan with pastry brush. Cook, without stirring, swirling pan occasionally, until an amber-colored caramel forms, about 8-10 minutes. Watch it carefully.
- Remove from heat.
- Carefully stir in cream. Reheat until smooth. Add vanilla extract and cinnamon. Mix well. Remove from heat. Let stand until cool.
- Scoop ice cream into serving bowls and arrange figs on top. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
I also love fresh figs. This recipe can be made a little easier by using the caramel sauce that comes in a bottle, such as the stuff made by Ghirardelli. Nice combination of flavors.
First of all, I must start out by saying that I LOVE fresh figs! I was actually able to get the last of the season's for this recipe, and it was the perfect send-off for them until next year. I used Haagen-Dazs vanilla bean ice cream. This was absolutely delicious! Made for Newest Zaar Tag Game.