Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
Something a little different. Very easy and Oh So YUMMY!!!!!
- 1 lb strawberry, washed and dry
- 15 caramels
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (I used the ones in a can for ice cream sundaes)
- Melt caramels and cream in microwave.
- Dip strawberries in caramel.
- Roll in nuts before caramel sets.
- Keep in cool place (refrigerator) until ready to serve.
We love strawberries and this recipe is awesome. We loved the combination with caramel instead of chocolate for a change. Thanks for posting this recipe, Tresa. I tagged this strawberries recipe for THINK PINK RECIPE TAG EVENT - October 2011.
I served these alongside my dad's birthday cake. They are a nice change from chocolate covered strawberries. My niece really enjoyed them and I will surely pass this recipe along to her. Be careful with cooking the caramels as they heat up very quickly. I zapped them about 25 seconds, gave them a stir and then zapped 20 seconds more. The strawberries were very easy to dip, but towards the end, the caramel became less fluid so I just zapped it for 5 seconds more and gave it a stir and continued to dip! Really easy recipe, so if you are looking for a quick dessert, this one's for you! Made for my PAC 2010 Baby!