Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderful dessert that compares to the presentation of a restaraunt dessert.
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Sprinkle 1 cup sugar in a heavy Dutch oven; place over low heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar melts (sugar will clump first) and syrup is light golden brown.
- Gradually add boiling water, stirring until sugar crystals dissolve.
- Add remaining 1 cup sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Bring to a boil; boil 2 minutes.
- (Mixture will be a thin syrup.) Pour mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan; set aside.
- Combine biscuit mix and 1/4 cup sugar; add milk, stirring with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 3 to 4 times.
- Roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness; cut with 2 1/2 inch round cutter and place on syrup mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until biscuits are golden rown.
- Serve hot biscuits with ice cream.