Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful dessert that you can make up ahead of time and freeze. It is served frozen--a dessert that you can have in the freezer just waiting for those unexpected guests. In the summer I keep one on hand to serve after a BBQ. Nice and refreshing on a nice warm day. But wonderful after any meal. I have been making this recipe for years and got the recipe out of a community book. Enjoy!!
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, pecans, brown sugar and rolled oats.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Pat in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crumble while still warm. Then cool and put half of the crumb mixture in a 9x13-inch pan (or Tupperware container).
- Drizzle the crumbs with half of the caramel sauce. Next spread the ice cream over the caramel, (ice cream slightly melted to make spreading easier).
- Top with remaining crumbs and drizzle the remainder of the caramel sauce over the top. Cover and freeze.
- To serve: Cut into serving slices. (Remove from freezer 1/2 hour before serving).