This is a wonderful dessert that you can make up ahead of time and freeze. It is served frozen--a dessert that you can have in the freezer just waiting for those unexpected guests. In the summer I keep one on hand to serve after a BBQ. Nice and refreshing on a nice warm day. But wonderful after any meal. I have been making this recipe for years and got the recipe out of a community book. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl combine flour, pecans, brown sugar and rolled oats.
- 2Add melted butter and mix well.
- 3Pat in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Crumble while still warm. Then cool and put half of the crumb mixture in a 9x13-inch pan (or Tupperware container).
- 5Drizzle the crumbs with half of the caramel sauce. Next spread the ice cream over the caramel, (ice cream slightly melted to make spreading easier).
- 6Top with remaining crumbs and drizzle the remainder of the caramel sauce over the top. Cover and freeze.
- 7To serve: Cut into serving slices. (Remove from freezer 1/2 hour before serving).
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.0
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 252.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g