Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful custard from Portugal. Great company dessert. (The wine and food of Europe - Marc & Kim Millon)
- Put a heaped teaspoon of brown sugar into 6 individual ramekins.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs together until yellow and frothy.
- Bring milk to boil, gradually add it to the egg mixture, beating constantly.
- Add coffee essence.
- Pour this mixture into ramekins, place in roasting pan.
- Add enough water to come half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350 degrees until just set, about 45 minutes.
- To test, stick a skewer into the custard, if it comes out clean, the custard is done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Yummy!! Being of Portuguese heritage, I try almost all the portuguese recipes on this web site! This is very, very close to the type of pudding you would order in Portugal. I did add a whiskey glaze over my finished custard - a Portugues tradition. Very tasty! The cooking time is perfect, as the custards come out well - not dry or undercooked. Thanks for the great recipe!!
I am portuguese and I love Pudim Flan. I went to a party last week and someone brought Pudim Flan which was cooked ontop of chocolate cake Oh My it was sooo good I don't have the recipe but if anyone knows Please share!!!!