Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very simple flan from Darlene Kossman before they called it flan. Lol!
Make and share this Caramel Custard (Flan) recipe from Food.com.
- Spread brown sugar over bottom of baking dish or mold.
- Beat eggs until blended.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Slowly stir in scalded milk.
- Temper first so you don't have scrambled eggs.
- Add vanilla and blend.
- Spoon over brown sugar.
- Set in baking dish in a pan of hot water so that water comes up one inch to the top of the baking dish.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Run knife around edge and invert.