Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Easy homemade custard for 2.
Make and share this Caramel Custard recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup milk, scalded
- 2 tablespoons caramel topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix egg, sugar, salt and vanilla. Stir in milk.
- Place 1 tablespoon caramel topping in each of two 6-ounce custard cups.
- Pour egg mixture onto caramel topping.
- Place cups in baking pan, 8X8X2 inches; pour very hot water into pan to within 1/2 inch of tops of cups.
- Bake until knife isnerted halfway between center an dedge comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
- Remove cups from water; serve warm or chill and unmold into dessert dishes.
I actually doubled this and it made 2 larger custard cups and one small one. My DH and I enjoyed it very much! Thank you for posting! Made for the Easter Egg Hunt game in TOTM.