Recipe by Courtly
From taste of home. Submitted by June Blomquist. "Mom's special holiday pie is both creamy and crunchy, thanks to the addition of whipping cream and chopped walnuts."
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, walnuts and butter. Press onto the bottom of pastry shell. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, extract, cinnamon, salt, mace, ginger and remaining brown sugar until blended; stir in cream.
- Pour into pastry shell. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350, bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream and additional walnuts if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.