Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From taste of home. Submitted by June Blomquist. "Mom's special holiday pie is both creamy and crunchy, thanks to the addition of whipping cream and chopped walnuts."
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, walnuts and butter. Press onto the bottom of pastry shell. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, extract, cinnamon, salt, mace, ginger and remaining brown sugar until blended; stir in cream.
- Pour into pastry shell. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350, bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream and additional walnuts if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.