2 hrs 30 mins
Dani Jean's Note:
Caramel filled coffee cake with a cream cheese crunch topping
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 caramels, cut in half
- 1Cream together 1/4 cup margarine, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, 1/2 tablespoon milk.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Heat oven to 275 degrees F.
- 4Combine brown sugar and water in a 4 cup microwave proof cup.
- 5Microwave on high 5 minutes until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 6Remove from microwave and stir in vanilla and salt.
- 7In mixing bowl, mix oats and brown sugar mixture.
- 8Spread onto parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 45 minutes-1 hour until golden brown.
- 9Preheat oven to 325°.
- 10In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup butter, 3/4 cup light brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- 11Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- 12In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- 13Add this dry mixture to the moist ingredients a little at a time.
- 14Add milk and mix well.
- 15Pour half the batter into a 9 x 13 baking pan that has been buttered and dusted with a light coating of flour.
- 16Sprinkle with caramels and cinnamon.
- 17Pour remaining batter over.
- 18Bake 50 minutes or until edge begins to brown.
- 19Spread cream cheese topping over slightly cooled cake.
- 20Sprinkle granola topping over cream cheese.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Crunch Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.3
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 87.9 mg
- Sodium 353.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 48.1 g
- Protein 6.9 g