Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll pastry to a 12-inch circle on lightly floured surface.
- Place in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Turn under edge; flute.
- Melt caramels with water in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Spoon apples into crust; top with caramel sauce.
- Mix flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture.
- resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender.
This recipe was amazing! I loved it, easy to make to. I think it is ten times better then regular apple pie! The topping is so crunchy with the walnuts, and the apples are soft and tender. If you like recipes with apples, this is the one you've been looking for, try it! Thank you for submitting it Dancer^!
This recipe had a very nice flavor. However, the caramel filling seemed to separate and drift to the bottom of the apples while cooking. The result did not look very appetizing, but was still quite tasty.