Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this recipe because it uses stale croissants. This recipe is from Nigella Lawson's book "Nigella Express"
- 2 croissants, stale
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 125 ml double cream
- 125 ml skim milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract or 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 356 degrees farenheit.
- tear croissants into pieces and put in a small gratin dish
- Put sugar and water into a saucepan and mix.
- turn on stove to medium-high heat.
- caremelize sugar and water by letting it bubble away without stirring until it all turns a deep ameber colour this takes 3-5 min.
- turn heat down to low and add cream and add milk and burbon while whisking
- take off heat whisk in the eggs.
- pour the sauce over the croissants in the gratin dish
- let sit about 10 min to steep.
- place in oven 20 min.