I got this recipe from a coworker, warning: it's highly addictive! It's a perfect combination of salty, sweet, and a little chocolate. I was a little hesitant about microwaving the mixture in a bag, but it turns out well. You could definitely add more M&M's if you'd like. I've made this for holidays and used festive M&M's (red/white/blue for the 4th of July, red/green for Christmas). Total cook time includes cooling.
- IN A MICROWAVE BOWL ADD: 3/4 cup butter, 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp white syrup, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, stir.
- Repeat - microwave 2 minutes, stir.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Stir until light caramel look.
- IN A PAPER BAG ADD: box of Crispix, jar of peanuts and bag of pretzels (hint: I make this dry mix while I'm microwaving the caramel mix above).
- Pour caramel mix over dry mix, shake bag.
- Microwave 90 seconds, shake bag.
- Repeat - microwave 90 seconds, shake bag.
- Spread over wax paper to cool (hint: the more you spread, the less clumps you will have).
- When cool, add bag of M&M's.
- Store in a tightly covered/sealed container.
SO, SO, SO good!! This is a wonderful party snack that everyone loves. The sweet and salty combo is irresistible!