1/2 Photos of Caramel Crispix Mix W/ M&m's
I got this recipe from a coworker, warning: it's highly addictive! It's a perfect combination of salty, sweet, and a little chocolate. I was a little hesitant about microwaving the mixture in a bag, but it turns out well. You could definitely add more M&M's if you'd like. I've made this for holidays and used festive M&M's (red/white/blue for the 4th of July, red/green for Christmas). Total cook time includes cooling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1IN A MICROWAVE BOWL ADD: 3/4 cup butter, 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp white syrup, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- 2Microwave for 2 minutes, stir.
- 3Repeat - microwave 2 minutes, stir.
- 4Add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Stir until light caramel look.
- 5IN A PAPER BAG ADD: box of Crispix, jar of peanuts and bag of pretzels (hint: I make this dry mix while I'm microwaving the caramel mix above).
- 6Pour caramel mix over dry mix, shake bag.
- 7Microwave 90 seconds, shake bag.
- 8Repeat - microwave 90 seconds, shake bag.
- 9Spread over wax paper to cool (hint: the more you spread, the less clumps you will have).
- 10When cool, add bag of M&M's.
- 11Store in a tightly covered/sealed container.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Crispix Mix W/ M&m's
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.3
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.5 mg
- Sodium 759.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 8.5 g