Recipe by Blue Peacock
This recipe comes from Family Circle magazine. I made it for a church homecoming dinner and everyone really liked it. It is great for those caramel and chocolate lovers!
Top Review by gregory schulte
oh man was this good. one thing it does need maybe more than an hour so that the flavors can meld a little bit. i couldnt wait so i dived in early it was good but i could tell it needed more time. the snickers gave it a little bit of texture which was nice but i think that i will melt them in the microwave a littel first next time to allow them to spread a little and let the chocolate meld with the pudding a little. good trifle thanks
- 1 (12 ounce) prepared store-bought angel food cake, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup bottled caramel topping
- 6 small Snickers candy bars (from a 6.96-ounce bag) or 2 (2 1/8 ounce) Snickers candy bars, chilled and chopped (chocolate peanut-and-caramel candy bars)
- 1 (22 ounce) container prepared chocolate pudding (you can also buy a 8 serving size box of chocolate pudding mix and prepare it according to box direc)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large clear glass dessert bowl, spread one-third of the angel food cake cubes on the bottom.
- In another large bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in caramel topping.
- Spoon half of caramel cream over cake cubes in bowl.
- Sprinkle half of chopped candy bars over caramel cream.
- Scatter another third of cake cubes over cream and candy layer.
- Spoon pudding evenly over cake layer.
- Scatter remaining cake cubes over pudding; top with remaining caramel cream and chopped candy bars.
- Cover trifle with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours or overnight.