Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great for the holidays!!
- 20 (6 ounce) caramels
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
Cream Cheese Layer
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a small saucepan combine caramels and the 1/2 cup milk.
- Cook and stir over low heat until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the caramel mixture for topping; spread remaining caramel mixture in unbaked pie shell.
- Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add 1 egg, 1 tablespoon sugar and the vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over caramel mixture in pie shell.
- Bake in a 375 oven for 10 minutes or until just set.
- Meanwhile in a mixing bowl, stir together pumpkin, remaining egg, 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves until smooth; stir in 3/4 cup milk.
- Carefully spoon the pumpkin mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Cover edge of pie with foil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover edge of pie and bake about 20 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Just before serving, in a small mixing bowl beat whipping cream and the 2 tablespoons sugar until soft peaks form.
- Spoon dollops of whipped cream on top of pie and drizzle with reserved caramel mixture.