Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Creamy caramel in a graham cracker crust... MMMmmmm!
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- Boil the cans of sweetened condensed milk (labels off, unopened) in a large pot for 3 hours. Make sure the water stays above the cans.
- Let cool 1 hour.
- CAREFULLY open the cans and pour into large bowl.
- Fold in marshmallow cream.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Top with whipped topping and enjoy!
I have to agree with jikroll. Although it was intriguing to cook sweetened condensed milk directly in it own container, the end result was sickeningly sweet and the consistency of marshmallow cream. This is the same recipe offered as Nora Krank's in the movie Christmas with the Kranks.
This is the basic recipe I was looking for, so I am writing the review for it. I have never added the marshmallow creme, so I will not comment on it, but I needed to know how long to cook the cans for! This is the way it is done in the south! Yes, to the other reviewer, it is extremly sweet, a little bit goes a long way, that's what makes it so great! So I will give it a few stars for the basic recipe, and say that here in TN we do w/o the the marshallow creme, just dump it into a crust and smooth it out, and bring a can of whip cream along with it! ;)
Way to sweet. It did not set up very good. Very sticky. I went by the recipe and it just did not turn out good at all.