Prep 2 hrs
Cook 11 mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- In large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar.beat in egg yolks and vanilla --
- combine dry ingredients in a seperate bowl.
- gradually add to creamed mixture.
- shape into 2 10" rolls.
- Wrap each roll in plastic wrap.refrigerate 2 hours.
- unwrap and cut into 1/4" slices.
- Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- bake at 350* for 11-13 minutes, or golden brown.
- remove to rack to cool.
- to prepare FILLING:.
- heat butter in saucepan over medium heat until golden brown.
- remove from heat and add powdered sugar, vanilla and enough cream to be of spreading consistency.
- spread on bottoms of each cookie and top with another cookie.