Recipe by plannermom
I got this out of an older Cottage Living magazine. It's amazing on pumpkin spice muffins, any spice cake, on a spoon. : )
Top Review by ColCadsMom
OH MY GOODNESS! This is HEAVENLY frosting! I did make a couple of substitutions, dark brown sugar instead of light, and milk instead of whipping cream. It was wonderful! I did let it sit in the fridge an hour or so before spreading it on Butter Pecan cake baked as cupcakes. Just divine! I also spread some of the leftovers onto chocolate graham crackers. You just CAN'T go wrong with this one! Thanks so much for posting!
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt brown sugar and 4 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil over medium heat; remove from heat. Whisk in cream; blend well. Transfer to a heat-resistant bowl. Cool at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Place remaining 6 tablespoons butter and cream cheese in a large bowl; beat with a mixer on medium-high speed until smooth. Beat in vanilla and salt. With mixer running, slowly pour in cooled brown sugar mixture; beat until smooth. Add powdered sugar gradually, beating well after each addition until completely smooth. Chill slightly for a firmer texture, stirring occasionally.