Chef mariajane's Note:
a very delicious pie, you are going to enjoy it -
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml salt
- 6 granny smith apples or 6 gala apples, peeled, cored, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 59.14 ml psmuccker's caramel ice cream topping
- 170.09 g container vanilla yogurt
- 22.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 1CRUST: Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2In a medium bowl, mix flour and salt.
- 3Cut in Crisco, using pastry blender until mixture resembles small peas. Sprinkle with water, one tablespoon at a time. Mix lightly until dough holds together. Press between hands to form one or two 5-6-inch pancakes.
- 4Flour down lightly and roll into circle between sheets of waxed paper on dampened countertop. Peel off top sheet.
- 5In a 9 or 10-inch pie pan, press in pie crust; flute edge. Set aside.
- 6TOPPING: In a small bowl mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and gingersnap crumbs.
- 7Cut in Crisco to form crumb mixture.
- 8Stir in almond pieces.
- 9Sprinkle 1 cup of crumb mixture over pie crust. Set aside remainder of crumb topping.
- 10FILLING: In a large saucepan, combine sugars, flour, cinnamon and salt; mix in apple slices.
- 11Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture starts to thicken.
- 12Remove from heat, stir in caramel topping.
- 13Blend in yogurt and flour. Set aside.
- 14PIE ASSEMBLY: Spoon filling into prepared pie crust.
- 15Sprinkle top with remaining crumbs.
- 16Place on cookie sheet for easier handling, and bake for 50 minutes or until browned and apples are tender. Cover crust with foil last 10 minutes if it browns too quickly.
- 17Let pie cool before cutting.
- 18Serve slices of pie with a dollop of whipped cream, if desird.
- 19Drizzle with caramel topping,.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Cream Apple Crunch Pie
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.3
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 240.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 38.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: