Recipe by grandma2969
these are a nice change of pace to put out for guests...it will disappear fast!
- 2 (9 ounce) packagessmall butter flavored crackers
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 250*.combine crackers and peanuts in a greased large shallow baking pan.
- in a saucepan, bring sugar, butter, and corn syrup to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
- remove from heat, add vanilla and baking soda.
- pour caramel mixture over crackers and peanuts.stir well.
- bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- pour onto waxed paper and break apart -- allow to cool.
- store in an airtight container.