Recipe by Sarah in New York
This is the best caramel corn I have ever had. I couldn't stop eating it! I brought some to my parent's house and my mom had to have someone remove the bowl from her because she couldn't stop eating! Oh, you will not regret making this!
Top Review by Mommy Bean
Best Caramel Corn EVER!! This stuff is dangerous....I couldn't stop eating it! I had to holler to my daughter..."come and get this away from me....I can't stop!! So so good. I have tried many recipes for caramel corn, as it is one of my favorite foods of all time. This recipe is the "Caramel Corniest!" Thanks Sarah in New York ")
- 12 quarts plain popped popcorn (4 bags)
- 1 lb peanuts
- 2 cups butter
- 2 lbs brown sugar (1 bag)
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Place popped popcorn in two very large bowls.
- Mix 1/2 pound peanuts into each bowl.
- In 5 quart sauce pan combine all the other ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, boil for 5 minutes(no less) stirring constantly.
- Evenly distribute the syrup between the two bowls and stir until well coated.
- Turn coated popcorn into a large roasting pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove and break apart while still warm.
- Store in air tight containers.