Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
My DH and DS are always begging me to make this. It is VERY addictive, super easy to make, and most certainly not very good for you.
- 1 (360 g) box Corn Pops cereal
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar (or Splenda)
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a microwavable bowl, add the butter, sugars, syrup and condensed milk.
- Cook in microwave for 2 minutes. Remove and stir.
- Cook for another 2 minutes. Remove and stir.
- Cook for a final 2 minutes. Remove and stir, adding vanilla.
- Allow to cool SLIGHTLY. Then, begin adding corn pops cereal. The amount who will need depends on how much caramel you want coating the cereal.
- Add the mixture in spoonfuls to either greased muffin tins, or into muffin tins with liners. (Alternatively, you can just put them in heaping lumps on greased wax paper).
- Allow to cool & firm up.