Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great, simple recipe for caramel corn using the corn puffs. This is a favorite in our house for young and old.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag corn curls, Old Dutch Brand
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup (Karo)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Put corn curls in a large roaster, or sided baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large sauce pan, bring butter, Karo syrup and brown sugar to a boil. (The sauce pan will seem too large for the quantity of sauce.).
- Boil for 4 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add 1 baking soda (it will GREATLY expand, and fill the sauce pan).
- Pour over corn, and stir.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- When done, put on newspaper, or in brown paper bag to cool.