Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple recipe to throw together. Was given to me by someone at work. Had to share it!
- 2 quarts popped popcorn, unpopped kernels removed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces dried sweetened cranberries (craisins)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- Place popped corn in large bowl; set aside.
- Combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup and water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Brush sides of pan with pastry brush dipped in water to remove any sugar crystals. Boil until mixture reaches 300° F (hard crack stage), about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Carefully stir in butter, salt, baking soda and vanilla. Pour syrup over popcorn; toss to coat. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Break up into chunks. Cool completely.
- Combine cooled caramel corn with remaining ingredients. Mix gently.
- CAUTION: Caramel is very hot and can cause severe burns. Use caution when handling.