Recipe by sugarpea
This works just fine with 3 bags of microwaved popcorn. It's easy and preps quickly. I used to give it away at Christmas, now it's demanded.
- 3 bags popped microwave popcorn (8 quarts popped)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide popped popcorn into two 9x13 ungreased baking pans.
- In saucepan heat all ingredients except baking soda; cook five minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and using a long handled wooden spoon, carefully stir in baking soda until foamy.
- Pour over popcorn and mix well to coat; bake at 225° for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly; then pour onto wax paper and cool completely; break pieces apart and store in airtight container.