Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is so good . please let me know what you think.
- 2 bags of popped microwave popcorn (I use Act II butter flavored)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 250F.
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Add next 3 ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cover and gently boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully add soda and vanilla (it will froth and foam).
- Mix real well.
- Spray large baking sheet or roasting pan with cooking oil spray.
- Remove unpopped kernels from popcorn.
- Combine popcorn and caramel mixture, mixing well.
- Spread popcorn out on pan.
- Bake about an hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Break apart and store in tightly sealed container.
- Tip: the easiest way to get the kernels out is to put all the popcorn in a large bowl.
- Shake it slightly so the kernels settle to the bottom of the bowl, then transfer the popcorn, handful by handful to another bowl.
Absolutely the best! So easy and tasty. I used 1/4 teaspoon salt, as my microwave popcorn seemed pretty salty. Came out of the oven nice and crispy...I'll be making this at Christmas time for sure! Thanks!
This is great by teenage boys make it all the time. Yummy!