1 hr 20 mins
This caramel corn recipe is from my mother and it is wonderful! It has a great buttery flavor and the kernels stay separate because of the long baking time at low heat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Placed popped corn in a very large roasting pan that allows enough room for thorough stirring of corn during baking.
- 2In a 3 quart saucepan (or larger), melt butter.
- 3Add brown sugar and corn syrup and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- 4Allow to boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5Add 1 teaspoon baking soda (CAUTION: with the addition of the baking soda, the mixture will foam up and almost double in size. Make sure your saucepan is large enough to allow for the foaming hot mixture.) Pour hot mixture over popped corn and mix well.
- 6Bake at 200 degrees for one hour, stirring thoroughly every 15 minutes during baking.
- 7Continue to stir occasionally during cooling.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Corn
Serving Size: 1 (1106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 886.8
- Calories from Fat 449
- Total Fat 49.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 983.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 78.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g