Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 8 quarts popped corn
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place popped corn in a large, oven-proof pan.
- Over medium heat, mix butter, sugar, and syrup in a heavy pan.
- Bring to a boil, and cook to soft ball state (235 - 240) while stirring.
- Remove from heat, and stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Pour over popped corn, and stir well to coat.
- Bake 1 hour at 200, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool, and enjoy! Store in an airtight container.
Simple and delicious! I easily halved the batch because I knew once we started eating it we wouldn't stop :) Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for PAC Spring 09