Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Move over Orvil! Easy to make and good to eat!
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 cups freshly popped popcorn
- Combine brown sugar, karo syrup, water, cream of tartar and butter in saucepan.
- Cook to soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat and cool 1 minute.
- Stir in soda-- will bubble.
- Pour over popped corn and stir until coated.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool.
Yummy! Quite a scrumptious treat! I've made other recipes in the past, and this is the best! Thank you!
Very simple to make, and delicious, too! Thanks for posting - this is very similar to my Grandma's recipe (which I can't find). It'll go into rotation.
Adopted it but it sounds wonderful...