Recipe by kindcook
Delicious caramel corn that I just love. A friend always makes this for Superbowl parties. So this year I'm making a big batch of it and handing it out in our family's Christmas gift bags. Hope you love it as much as I do.
Top Review by KristineB
This is the same recipe I always use (although we don't usually add nuts), and it's a winner! It is so easy, and comes out great every time. I usually use 2 or 3 bags of microwave popcorn to start with, either plain or light butter. Yum!
- 3 quarts popped corn
- 1 1⁄2-3 cups nuts
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large shallow roasting pan combine popcorn and nuts.
- Place in 250 oven while preparing glaze.
- In heavy 2 quart saucepan stir brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter.
- Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat.
- Let boil for 5 minutes, remove from heat and add baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour over warm popcorn and nuts; stir to coat well.
- Bake in 250 oven stirring every 15 minutes for 1 hour.