Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Weight Watchers.com. Points value: 1 Easy and really good!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat thoroughly.
- Scrape dough out of bowl and onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Roll dough into a log, about 2 1/2 inches wide. Completely wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate until firm; at least 20 minutes or up to overnight.
- Cut dough into 1/8 inch thick slices and arrange on several large ungreased cookie sheets about 1 to 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake until lightly browned around edges, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for about 1 minute and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Yiels 1 cookie per serving.