Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from werther's Original Candies. If you like Werther's then you'll LOVE these cookies!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 20 -30 crushed werther's original hard candies
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, cream butter, then add egg and brown sugar.
- Stir in dry ingredients and blend until mixed.
- Blend in crushed Werther's Original Candy.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of mixture 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350°F until done, approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove parchment paper with cookies and cool for 15 minutes.
Easy to put together and a nice flavour with a yummy crunch, be sure to use the parchment paper as the werthers do tend to 'leak' while baking. I got 28 cookies. Thanks for sharing.