Recipe by socholy
This recipe is adapted from one in the Cotton Country Cookbook. Given to me by a co-worker, it is one of her favorites!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 lb dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and brown sugar together.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add flour and baking powder; mix well.
- Stir in pecans, salt and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350.
- Cool, cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar.