Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- apples or pear
- sliced banana
- fresh tangerine, segments
- sliced star fruit
- Combine sugar and 2 tablespoons water in heavy medium saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat; boil without stirring until mixture is deep amber color, occasionally brushing down sides of pan with wet pastry brush and swirling pan, about 3 minutes.
- Add warm cream to caramel.
- Stir over medium-high heat until sauce is smooth and reduced to 1 1/4 cups, about 5 minutes.
- Add Cognac and cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter and stir until melted.
- (Can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm over medium-low heat before serving.) Transfer sauce to small fondue pot or flameproof ceramic bowl.
- Set pot over candle or canned heat burner.
- Serve with strawberries, apples or pears, bananas, tangerine segments and star fruit.
worth every calorie!
Absolutely amazing...Angel food cake was the best in it. Can't wait to have again!