Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 (12 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Split each biscuit in two, rolling into small balls.
- Layer rolled biscuit pieces in a bundt pan (sprayed with a non-stick spray).
- Combine margarine and brown sugar in small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 2 minutes.
- (Mixture will "grow" as it boils and turn a slightly lighter color).
- Pour caramel mixture over biscuits and bake for approximately 40-45 minutes, or *until golden brown*.
- *CAREFULLY* invert bundt pan onto a serving dish (Warning, caramel will stick and burn if it spills out onto you. My husband still bears a scar from burning himself 3 years ago).
- Sprinkle nuts on top and serve immediately.
I didn't care for this. It was very plain and if I would have let it cook for 45 minutes in would have been burnt to a crisp. I let it cook for 25 minutes and it was almost burnt. I gave it two stars insted of one because it was easy. When I read this recipe, I thought that it was probably too good to be true, and it sure was.
This was an excellent recipe! The caramel did come out darker than I thought it would, but then I've never done this before. I also cooked it in the oven for only 39 minutes. If I had left it longer it would have burned. Ovens do vary and the one hour time is approximate. I think next time I may add cinnamon to the caramel or sprinkle it on top after cooking. I took it to the ER where my mom works and the nurses LOVED it! I will definitely make this again.
I am not much of a baker but I did manage to get this one right and it was unbelievable!!! I would recommond that anyone try it. All you have to do is make sure you follow the directions. Yummy!